Monday, June 14, 2010

one step at a time: Web 1.0

I won't forget the typical sound and analogic modem used to make when I used to connect. . It's web archeology. I can't even think now of switching my notebook without switching the adsl connection -going wireless is the natural condition nowadays.
I started to use the Internet for emails and to look for information. Since I discovered it I have been happier, more independent. Whenever I had been looking for an answer there it was, and not simply one but a whole world of answers, quality answers and helpful. Static websites, hypertexts, jakob Nielsen and his usability heuristics and website design: that was the first revolution. That "era" is now known as web 1.0. And Usability is still an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...